Steering & Suspension Red Flags
There are a few serious symptoms to be on the lookout for if your steering or suspension system is in trouble. Some of the most common red flags include:
- You notice that your vehicle pulls, or drifts to one side whenever you’re driving
- Your ride is much more bumpy than normal, even over smooth, paved roads
- The vehicle lurches forward when you come to a stop or slow down
- Your shocks look like they’re greasy, indicating a potential fluid leak
- The tire suddenly have uneven tread wear (this can be due to misalignment, too)
- You hear strange, rattling sounds whenever you drive
If you live in the Tualatin or Wilsonville area and you notice any of these issues, consider bringing your vehicle to the professionals at Accurate Auto. We have a fully trained, skilled staff of experienced technicians who will take a closer look at your steering and suspension system. We will determine exactly what the issue is and what your car needs in order to restore it to its optimum performance level. When your suspension system is in good condition, you’ll enjoy better handling, better braking control, and safety whenever you’re behind the wheel.
Suspension System Info.
If you drive through a lot of construction or over rough roads, it can wreak havoc on your suspension system. Also, people who drive long distances and at high speeds for longer periods of time may need to have regular steering and suspension system inspections. To check your suspension at home, try the bounce test. Push down on the vehicle and count how many times it bounces before it comes to a stop. If your vehicle bounces two times or more, the struts or shocks may need to be replaced.